I love weddings, don’t you? Aside from just sharing in the joy of the bride and groom, there are so many ancillary things I love about weddings.
- I love seeing the personalization that each couple puts into their wedding to make it unique.
- I love the creativity involved. I very often find the settings, colors, flowers, and overall look of each wedding to be inspiring.
- I find the gravity and sincerity of the occasion to be so moving. It’s amazing to share such a special moment with a couple that I care about.
- Weddings are just plain fun. I get to dress up, slow dance with my husband, and have a great time with friends and/or family.
- It always makes me reminisce about my own wedding, nearly 8 years ago…
I’m sure I could go on. And it makes me SO happy that tomorrow I get to see my friends Lara and Tom do just that, get married! I wish them SO much happiness on their special day and for the rest of their lives. It’s going to be a beautiful day and I am excited!
On a related note, Tadd and I both went out and got new outfits to wear tomorrow. Well, Tadd got a new shirt and tie that he will wear with an existing suit. I, however, got a new dress, cardigan, shoes, and jewelry! That is another reason weddings are great…they are a great excuse to shop! I purchased the below dress. It’s the most lovely shade of yellow (it’s actually slightly deeper in person), and I love it.
I decided to do something I hadn’t done yet since I started sewing. I decided to make myself something special…A wristlet to go with my new dress! I used that awesome yellow floral fabric I bought during my birthday shopping spree. I have to say, I think it came out pretty cute!
I used this same tutorial that I have used for all of my wristlets thus far. I urge any of you sewers out there to give this one a try. It’s such an awesome tutorial, easy to follow with great results every time.